Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend update

Hello one and all. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend, nothing all that exciting to talk about here in the south of France, we are still waiting for spring to come around, the weather has been uncharacteristically mediocre...

I just thought I’d drop in a line or two in the interest of keeping people coming back to this blog thing. I took the kids out to see a hockey game Saturday night. We had a great time, although Eleanor fell asleep before the final buzzer. I kind of stood out in the crowd of supporters, since I cheered as much for the good hits as I did for the goals, and Euro-style hockey is much more about puck movement and skills, and less of a contact sport than you’ll see in North America. It’s a nice spectacle all the same, and the local (Montpellier) team won, so we were all happy.

In the interest of moving the discussion towards some lighter fare that we can either all agree or at least agree to disagree on, I’ll share my favorite political joke from last week (courtesy of Jimmy Kimmel) :

(joke edited out of main post and put inthe comments - apparently not an appropriate joke)


Peace to all,

Jeffrey

2 comments:

Edward Brown said...

This was innappropriate for the family blog. Reminds me of an old joke:

"How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?

That's not funny!"

:-)

Jeffrey Brown said...

Here is the inappropriate joke - I'd delete it completely, but I am willing to have my poor judgement live on in posterity, hoping to learn from this -

"Hillary Clinton is back in the hunt for the Democratic nomination. She won the do or die primaries in Ohio, Rhode Island and Texas last night. A lot of people thought she would be done today, but just like Bill always says, Hillary does not go down without a fight."