Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Generation X

I'm pretty sure that we'll be losing a certain number of the "gang" in this transfer from mail technology to blog...


I just wanted to get a post up here to thank Monica for putting this together. Inspite of Maryanne's objections, I'll try to post at least a little something from time to time, even if it is the simple boring facts of life, and even if that means that I have consecutive posts.


I'm out in Denver currently, part of my agenda here was supposed to be welcoming a new member to my team, but my company is the target of a friendly takeover, and hiring is frozen for the time being. I feel really bad for the person who was supposed to start working for us,, since she is currently in the mortgage industry and her office is closing down at the end of March. (This is not the opening salvo on a debate on federal regulation and oversight of the financial markets, it's just a little comment on my day to day...). I can only imagine how happy she was two weeks ago when I told her that she had been selected for the job opening, and that I'd be fedexing her the papers to sign the next day. Instead of Fedexing the papers the next day, I had to call her and tell her that there was a hiring freeze... talk about bursting someone's bubble.



Well, here's the first guest post on Monica's blog.

Let's see if this thing has any legs...

No comments: